Art on stamps
Tuesday, January 03, 2006
  Art on stamps
As mentioned in my main blog, I have started collecting stamps with art on it. Well, what I've done so far is to buy a packet of 2,000 stamps with art, and sorted them by century and artist. Soon, it will be time to think of how I want this collection to continue.

I'm starting this blog to post on some of the favorite stamps I've got so far, and on the artists I like the most.

And I'll start, naturally, in Norway, with the stamps with Munch's art:



These were published by the Norwegian post in 1963, and show four of Edvard Munch's artworks, including his self portrait "Self portrait with skeleton arm", which I like a lot. (The skeleton arm is not visible in the stamp, sadly.)
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oslo, Norway

I'm 48, living in Oslo (the capital of Norway), working in teacher education (mathematics). Living a quiet life (but not in desperation) with the wonderful love of my life. I laugh a lot. After all, there's a lot to laugh about in this world, isn't there?

ARCHIVES
January 2006 /



referer referrer referers referrers http_referer

Powered by Blogger